Mary & her family set up Wooly Ward's Farm in 2011 when they saw the level of interest people and children had with farm animals. Over the past 18 months they have put two mobile units on the road, opened up the farm for private parties and events and entertained over 10,000 people with their animal theatre and petting farm. They have build up a highly trained team of young and energetic staff who work alongside Mary and her daughters Amy & Laura. Staff have backgrounds in Childcare, Drama and Animal Husbandry.
Tel: 087 367 6787 or use our Contact Form
Wooly Ward’s Mobile Petting Farm is fully insured – feel free to ask to view our documentation before your event
Security and welfare of the animals is important, that’s why we bring all our own enclosures, and a ground sheet to stop any unnecessary mess. All our animals are vet certified and we work very closely with our vet on an animal maintenance programme.
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE WHEN HANDLING ANIMALS
• Avoid letting animals come in contact with your face.
• Eat only in designated areas.
• Wash and dry hands after contact with animals or animal feed and before eating and drinking.
• Ensure that children’s hand washing is supervised by adults.
• Ensure that children under the age of five are very closely supervised in the presence of any animals.
• Avoid eating anything off the ground.
• Avoid putting fingers in your mouth or in the mouths of animals.
• Only feed animals under supervision from a supervisor.
• Pregnant women should avoid handling sheep or lambs
– Source: HSE Health Protection Surveillance Centre
Ireland's Mobile Petting Farm & Animal Theatre